- For a special Easter treat i thought I’d try this lovely surprise for my son; An Easter egg cheesecake in an Easter egg!! All vegan & dairy free but a scrumptious delight & so easy to make which is all important when you’re a busy working mum.
Easter Egg Cheesecake- Vegan & Dairy Free
All you need is a vegan dark chocolate Easter egg , cream cheese & some biscuits:
The ingredients are more than enough to fill 1 whole Easter egg – 2 halves.
For the base
• 15 g (0.5 oz) Flora or vegan butter
• 85 g (3 oz) digestive biscuits crushed
For the filling
• 200 g (7.1 oz) vegan cream cheese (We used Violife)
• 35 g (1.2 oz) icing sugar
• 100 ml (3.4 floz) vegan double cream ( I had run out so used some of the vegan squirty cream as replacement)
• 25 g melted dark chocolate
• A Biscoff/ Oreo or if you can source any vegan chocolate mini eggs.
• 10 g Grated dark chocolate
I used a Bourneville Dark Chocolate Easter Egg.
- Chill the Easter egg in the fridge for at least an hour.
- Take a hot knife ( I ran it under the kettle) and slowly carefully seperate the egg gently by inserting the sharp knife along the edge.
- Prepare the biscuit base by crushing the biscuits into small crumbs.
- Heat the vegan butter in a pan until melted.
- Pour the melted butter into the biscuit crumbs.
- Mix the butter & biscuit crumbs well it should resemble wet sand.
- Carefully press the mixture into the shell of the egg.
Biscuit base – Easter Egg cheesecake
- Chill the biscuit filled egg in the fridge whilst you prepare the cheesecake mixture.
- Mix the vegan cream cheese with the icing sugar & cream.
- Place in the egg on top of the biscuit base.
- Take the melted chocolate and drizzle or swirl over the top – you can use a skewer to make a marble effect.
- Decorate as you like with grated chocolate – a biscoff , Oreo or any vegan Easter mini eggs or bunnies you can find.