Delicious home made Not Reeses Peanut Butter Cup Bars – Vegan friendly – no dairy – plant based.
Before my son became vegan his favourite chocolate treats were Reeses Peanut Butter Cups a rare treat which he now denies himself.
I accidentally made this recipe – I started out experimenting to make a healthier nutty bar but epically failed with the introduction of dark chocolate & peanut butter!! 😂
My son was so delighted with the results he declared it was just like the Reeses and he asked me to please make another batch immediately.
I was more than happy – we all love them as an occasional indulgent treat and they are so simple to make!!
Ingredients For Biscuit base:
- 125 g – hob nobs or oat crumble
- 85 g melted vegan butter or spread.
- 2 tbsps Peanut Butter
- 1 tbsp Syrup
- 150 g Melted Dark Chocolate
- 1 tbsp Vegan spread or butter
- 1 tbsp Plant based milk
- Crush the ingredients for the biscuit base:
- Put the biscuits into a food processor and blitz them until you have fine crumbs
- Or place the biscuits in a freezer bag and crush them using a rolling pin.
- Place the crumb in a glass bowl and add the melted butter mix well to completely combined.
- Line a tin or cake cases with the biscuit base & press down.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least 30 minutes.
- Stir together well the peanut butter & syrup & spread across the biscuit base.
- Melt the dark chocolate with a spoonful
- Of butter & sooonful of plant milk in the microwave or steam in a glass bowl over a pan of boiling water – the water must be shallow & not touch the bowl.
- Spread the dark chocolate on top & then leave to set in the fridge for 30-60 minutes.
- Put in freezer for 20 mins
Serve & enjoy! These were so yummy & satisfied my boy’s craving for Reeses Butternut cups!