Pumpkin flower arrangement
I’ve been working & experimenting with pumpkin 🎃 recipes (soon to be shared on here!) & we always carve one to put out the front of the house for Halloween trick or treaters.
Pumpkins are very cheap and have multiple uses! I thought I would do something a bit different & creative so I made a pumpkin floral centre-piece. I’ve gifted some to friends who loved them, something a bit different! A very colourful eye-catching display.
Really simple to make. You just need:
• Fresh pumpkin
• Marker pen
• Spoon or scoop
• Diluted bleach
• Clear plastic cellophane/ bubble wrap
• Wet oasis floral foam
• Fresh Flowers, leaves, berries,
1. Use a marker pen & draw a lid around the top of the pumpkin.
2. Use a long sharp knife and cut the top off around the line you’ve drawn.
3. Scoop out the flesh of the pumpkin – I used an ice cream scoop.
4. Wash the inside of the pumpkin with some washing up liquid or some diluted bleach with water.
5. Wait for pumpkin to dry out
6. Line the inside with cellophane & bubble wrap.
7. Push in some floral oasis – you can cut pieces to fit (make sure you soak it first)
8. Cut your flowers to your preferred lengths & insert into the foam.
This can be done on a budget with a bunch of supermarket flowers. The pumpkins from ALDI at £1 – the oasis & cellophane from the Range.
Get creative! It’s very relaxing & rewarding in these turbulent times and something a bit different leading up to Halloween.