Mushroom broccoli & Vegan non Chickn Stir fry
A fresh easy & delicious stir fry. It’s loaded with mushrooms and fresh broccoli and you can add fake chicken (Seitan) or Tofu according to your preference. You can make this in under 20 minutes easily.
- 200g No Chicken – chicken substitute- tofu, Seitan or we used Linda Mcartney Frozen pulled chicken
- 2 Tbsp sesame oil
- 1 lb broccoli cut into florets (about 5 cups)
- 1 small onion sliced into strips
- 1/2 lb mushrooms thickly sliced
- 2/3 cup vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp corn flour (mixed with 1 Tbsp water into a paste)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp garlic (2 small cloves) grated
- 1/4 tsp black pepper to season
- Rice or noodles to serve.
- Heat the oil in a pan
- Add the onions, garlic & ginger and gently fry for couple of minutes.
- Add the chopped vegetables and the vegan chicn, tofu or Seitan. Stir fry for 3/4 minutes.
- Add the sauce ingredients, stock, sugar etc and heat for 4/5 minutes.
- You can thin the sauce by adding more water if you like. (The cornflour paste thickens the sauce)
- Serve with noodles or rice & enjoy!!