This recipe is easy peasy lemon squeezy!! Its unbelievably simple and uses just 3 ingredients!
Lemon posset is an impressive, delicious and elegant dessert. With a delightfully citrus creamy flavour – a tangy refreshing dessert that’s nice and light. You wouldn’t know it’s dairy free! As usual it’s a vegan plant based alternative all the family can enjoy as a sweet treat!
- 1 Lemon – juiced
- Plant based Double Cream ((300ml))(We used Elmlea)
- 75 Caster Sugar ((75g)
- Put the sugar & cream in a pan.
- Add the juice of the lemon
- Gently heat for 3 minutes (do not over boil) stir constantly
- Turn the heat off and let the mixture cool down.
- Put the mixture into ramekins.
- Freeze for a few hours!
You can add fresh fruit or fruit coulis on top as well (optional)
A simple summery dessert!
I also made some simple lemon shortbread to accompany the lemon posset (optional) the crunch of the biscuit compliments the creamy mixture.
• 200g dairy-free butter
• 125g icing sugar
• 310g plain flour
• 1 tbsp corn flour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
• 2 tsp vanilla extract
• 1 tbsp dairy-free milk.
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C and line two baking trays with baking paper.
2. Mix the dairy-free butter and icing sugar together in a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients, except the dairy-free milk.
3. If the mixture is too stiff, add the dairy-free milk to help thin it out until you have a soft but firm mixture.
4. Transfer to a piping bag with a large star nozzle. Pipe the mixture into small circular spirals. Starting from the outside, working your way in.Try and keep them all the same size.
6. Bake for approx 15 minutes until lightly golden. Leave to cool completely.
(I didn’t have a piping bag so I just used a couple of teaspoons)
Delicious light lemony & crunchy!