I made these chocolate chip cookies in honour of National Biscuit Day yesterday -29th May with a donation to The National Guide Dogs for the blind – Virtual Tea-party.
These delicious cookies are so easy to bake & can be enjoyed by vegans & non vegans alike.
(Makes around 20)
- 250 G Flour
- 200g Margarine or vegan butter
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 g Brown sugar
- 100 g granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp Non-dairy milk
- 150 g Dark chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180C/160C Fan/Gas 4 and line two baking trays with baking paper.
- Tip the dairy-free margarine, sugars and vanilla extract into a mixing bowl Sift the flour, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and a pinch of salt into the bowl and beat everything until thoroughly combined and almost smooth.
- Add the and soya milk and mix again.
- Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Chill in the fridge for a couple of hours (or the freezer if you can’t wait that long lol)
- Use an ice cream scoop or two dessertspoons to drop neat mounds of dough onto the lined baking trays allowing plenty of space between the cookies as they spread during cooking.
- Bake for about 10 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Remove from the oven and leave to cool on the baking trays.
These cook quickly – they will look underdone and liquidy but when they cool down they firm up.
Perfect with a nice cup of tea!