We discovered that Biscoff biscuits are naturally vegan so I thought I would try to make a luscious dessert with them.
A simply delicious no bake Biscoff cheesecake with mandarin. Unbelievable that it’s dairy free – plant based & vegan.
I thought I would try mandarins to compliment with the caramel flavour of the biscoff, as well as have some fruit lol. An orange caramel delight.
The biscoff spread is also dairy free and amazing – it’s basically a creamy caramelly paste made from biscoff biscuits.
I had to adapt my recipe purely because the biscoff biscuits I bought – went missing as my teenagers had already eaten them before I started making the cake!! (I replaced the base with digestive biscuits)
Aldi actually do a good knock off – their caramelised biscuits I used for the topping.
Luckily enough I managed to rescue most of the jar of biscoff spread as they had started to spread it on their toast! (They never usually eat toast that’s how good the spread is!)
- 250 grams Biscoff Biscuits
- 75 grams vegetable spread (we use Flora)
The biscoff cream filling
- 1 pot (200g) vegan cream cheese, (Violife)
- 25 g Caster Sugar
- 2 Tablespoons Biscoff Cookie Spread
- 150 ml plant based Double Cream (alpro)
- Small tin Mandarins
** Optional To decorate **
Vegan Whipped Cream Spray Can (Food Heaven)
- Few Biscoffi biscuits to decorate.
- 25 grams (1/4 cup) Biscoff Biscuits crushed (sprinkle over)
- 1 tablespoon biscoff spread – gently heated – to drizzle over the top
- Lightly grease an 8 inch springform baking tin with vegetable spread and line the bottom with baking or parchment paper.
- Add Biscoff Cookies to a food processor and blend until they resemble fine crumbs. (Or Crush them in a bag with a heavy object like a rolling pin.
- Pour melted vegetable spread over the crushed biscuits and mix until it looks like wet sand.
- Pour the biscuit mixture into prepared tin and press down gently using the back of a spoon to form an even layer. Pop in fridge.
- Add cream cheese, sugar and biscoffi spread to a bowl and beat until smooth.
- Whisk the double cream with an electric whisk in a separate bowl for a few minutes until it’s really thick.
- Gently fold the double cream into the biscoffi & cream cheese mixture.
- Spread the cheesecake mixture evenly over the biscuit base.
- Drain the mandarins before placing a few over the top.
- Decorate with the optional decorations.
- Chill for a few hours in the fridge or if you’re in a hurry the freezer! ( I think the mandarins are even nicer almost frozen)