This is a delicious easy to make pasta dish. Tasty & warming the peppers add another flavour to a classic tomato sauce.
- 4 x Vegan sausages
- 3 peppers (red, orange or yellow)
- 1 x Onion
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 x 400g Can of tomatoes
- 1 tsp tomato purée
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1 tsp Oregano
- Fresh Basil & or Parsley
- The peppers and onions (we cooked them on the barbecue the day before – in a foil bag – basically cut them in half & the onion with the garlic cloves whole & the olive oil turning regularly until they were gently charred. Alternatively you can roast in the oven for around 30 mins. (Chop in half or quarters) It gives the sauce a really nice flavour & texture.
- You can fry the sausages in olive oil in the pan – remove & then put in the tinned tomatoes. (Or grill the sausages). (You can use any vegan sausages you like – we used Linda Mcartney they have a good texture & taste great with this sauce.)
Linda Mcartney Sausages
- Put in the roasted or barbecued pepper & onion mixture. & herbs & seasoning.
- Blend with a hand blender until it’s a thick consistency.
- Heat for 15 mins
- Chop the sausages into small bite size pieces & add to the sauce.
- Cook your pasta according to packet instructions.
- Top with the sauce garnish with fresh herbs & enjoy!