Banana Fritters a lovely crispy treat. A simple recipe which is great to use leftover or spare bananas!
You wouldn’t know this recipe was vegan as with all my recipes – they taste great; everyone enjoyed them.
- 150 G Flour
- 100 ml Beer
- 1 tsp baking powder
- half a can coconut milk
- 4 bananas, cut into chunks
- 3 Tbsp Light Brown sugar
- vegetable oil, for deep-frying
- Golden syrup to serve.
- For the fritters, sift the flour, and baking powder together into a bowl, then stir in the coconut milk, beer & sugar until it’s a smooth batter.
- Add the banana pieces and gently mix until completely coated in batter.
- Half-fill a deep, heavy-bottomed saucepan with vegetable oil and heat. Do not leave unattended!!!
- Carefully place the bananas into the oil and deep-fry for 4/5 minutes until golden brown. Carefully remove with a slotted spoon and drain onto paper towels.
Best served warm, you could coat with sugar or coconut flakes. We just served with golden syrup poured over them.
Would also be nice with vegan cream or ice-cream!