This delicious creamy soup is simple to make and really flavoursome – you can enjoy if you’re vegan or not & wouldn’t guess it’s dairy free!
It tastes so much better than tinned soup & doesn’t take much longer to make yourself from scratch with fresh ingredients.
- 90g Vegan butter/ margarine
- 2 medium onions, roughly chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 500g mushrooms, finely chopped (chestnut or button mushrooms work well)
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1l Vegetable stock
- 4 tbsp vegan cream ( I used alpro single soya cream)
- Fresh Parsley chopped or dried herbs.
- Heat the butter in a large saucepan and cook the onions and garlic until soft but not browned, about 8-10 mins.
- Add the mushrooms and cook over a high heat for another 3 mins until softened.
- Sprinkle over the flour and stir to combine.
- Pour in the vegetable stock, bring the mixture to the boil, and simmer for 10 mins.
- Remove the mushroom mixture from the heat and blitz using a hand blender until smooth.
- Gently reheat the soup and stir through the cream.
- Scatter over the parsley, and serve.