A very easy recipe indeed which makes a yummy snack (Vegan & Dairy – Free)
The perfect quarantine recipe that needs very few ingredients. If you’ve got some porridge & syrup in the cupboard you’re sorted!
- 250g porridge oats
- 125g vegan butter/ margarine
- 125g light brown sugar (or any sugar)
- 3 tbsp golden syrup
(You can adapt the flapjacks & add dried fruit, nuts or melted chocolate on top but I kept it simple)
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6.
- Melt the butter in a medium pan over a low heat. Add the golden syrup and sugar to the butter and gently heat.
- When the sugar is dissolved and the butter is melted, remove the pan from the heat and stir in the porridge oats.
- Pack the mixture into a greased baking tin and squash down.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from the oven, leave to cool for 15 minutes, then turn out onto a chopping board and cut into squares.
These can be enjoyed if you are vegan or not like all of my recipes! In fact I only managed 1 photo as they disappeared very fast!