This recipe for Creamy, crunchy, tangy coleslaw you’d never guess it’s dairy free! It’s easy to make and a perfect side dish for a barbecue; we had one yesterday as the weather was nice & luckily we have a garden.
Yes vegan’s can enjoy a bbq – there are a good range of Vegan burgers & sausages – homemade Chips & Coleslaw was the perfect accompaniment.
Vegan mayonaise is a game changer! It tastes as good as a dairy mayonnaise. You can purchase in most major supermarkets. We only use vegan mayo now.
• White and/ or red cabbage. 1/2 of each
• 4x Carrots – adds more color and crunch.
• 1x Onion (you can also use spring onion)
• 1 x Cup Vegan Mayonnaise
• Salt & pepper
• You can add Parsley, garlic, mustard or lemon if you like but I kept it simple.
- Wash & drain the vegetables.
- Remove the outer leaves of the cabbage.
- Thinly shred the cabbage you can do this by hand with a sharp knife or use a food processor.
- Dice the onion
- Shred the carrots with a grater.
- Drain the carrots well as otherwise they make the dressing quite watery.
- Assemble the coleslaw: Add the cabbage carrots & onion to a large mixing bowl, pour the dressing on top and mix together. Finish with salt and pepper to taste.