These simple yet delicious Easter nests are quick & easy to make! Childs play!! I learnt to make them when I was in primary school. They’re a classic favourite any time of year! Easter is just another excuse to make a chocolate treat. Also fab if you don’t have a lot of ingredients to hand or can’t be bothered to bake a cake.
This version like all my recipes is dairy-free, plant-based & vegan. My teenage son enjoys snacks & sweet treats which can be hard to find in the shops. I enjoy adapting recipes for him – in fact we all scoff them!
• 50g vegan butter/ margarine
• 100g dark chocolate broken into chunks
• 3 tbsp golden syrup
• 100g Rice Krispies or Cornflakes
(I made half Cornflakes & half Rice Krispies)
1. Add the butter, chocolate and syrup to a bowl and melt in short bursts in the microwave (stir often so the chocolate doesn’t burn) or in a bowl over a saucepan of boiling water.
2. Mix the Rice Krispies or cornflakes into the chocolate mix and spoon into cupcake cases.
3. Refrigerate until set, if you can wait that long!
(We didn’t have the patience so we put them in the freezer lol)
(If I could source some vegan mini eggs they would go in the middle but maybe next year?!)