This soup is so easy to make with very few ingredients it’s a simple but hearty recipe – so fresh & tasty a bowl of comfort!!
- 4 Leeks
- 1 onion
- 3 potatoes
- 1 litre Vegetable Stock (I used 2 stock cubes)
- 150 ml plant milk
- 1/2 carton of alpro Soy Cream (vegan) or any vegan cream alternative.
- 50 G dairy free vegetable spread
- Salt & pepper to season
- Parsley – fresh or dried if you have
(If you don’t have vegan cream you could try with coconut milk)
(You can use olive oil if you don’t have vegetable spread)
- Chop the onions, leeks & fry for 2/3 minutes in a pan with the vegetable spread.
- Chop the potatoes into small pieces.
- Add the potatoes to the pan – simmer very gently on a low heat to soften (sweat) all the vegetables.
- Add the stock & milk & simmer for 20 minutes.
- Blend the soup to preferred consistency- I used a small hand held blender – you can even use a potato masher.
- Add the vegan cream & gently heat before serving.
This soup was amazing you wouldn’t guess it was dairy free it tasted perfect. The soy cream amazing! We had it with part baked baguette – I will definitely make it again & attempt to bake my own bread. 😊