Just in time for Shrove Tuesday my first vegan recipe – pancake day recipe for tomorrow 25th February!!
I made this recipe as my son always loved my homemade pancakes & I didn’t want him to miss out. They are very nice indeed!
Ingredients Serves 4
- 225 g plain flour
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 300 ml ( any non-dairy milk – oat, soy, nut)
- 25 g Ground almonds
- 1 mashed banana
- Small amount of vegetable oil or coconut oil to coat the pan
- In a medium bowl, add the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, ground almond stir to combine
- Mash the banana & stir in
- Pour the liquid mixture into the dry mixture and whisk until smooth.
- Let batter rest for 5 minutes.
- Heat some of the oil in the pan
- Pour a big ladle of batter onto a nonstick pan over medium heat. When the top begins to bubble, flip the pancake and cook until golden.
Serve with syrup or strawberry jam… or we discovered 2 amazing Vegan alternative products!!
Sweet Freedom Chocolate spread!! Made from natural fruit extracts, cocoa. Great if you’re giving up chocolate for lent!! 😂It’s also only 14 cals a teaspoon so it’s a winner Around £2 a pot in most supermarkets.
Sweet Freedom chocolate spread
I can’t even believe this next product exists!! You can pick up for around £2 in Tesco. Food Heaven Heavenly Whipped Cream. Totally dairy free & vegan, I’ve tried it and can’t taste the difference!
Food Heaven, Heavenly Whipped Cream
Enjoy your pancakes & if you do try my recipe let me know how it goes?